Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Layer 2/Layer 3
SeaMicro is seeking a highly self-motivated, talented Senior Embedded Software Engineer to lead the specification, design, and implementation of Layer 2 and Layer 3 applications for SeaMicro’s data center appliance. You must have a solid track record of hands-on experience designing and implementing software that meets specific performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability requirements.
- Design and implement networking applications and protocols for embedded devices.
- Improve software robustness, performance and features
- Implement API and management interfaces in standard BSD/Linux based platforms for higher level software use.
- Write and publish technical documentation, including specifications, theory of operations and test methodology
- Collaborate with peer teams including Hardware, SQA and Product Line managers to help clarify product feature definition, and feature implementation.
- 7+ years developing software in C on distributed Linux/BSD platforms for networking products
- Deep knowledge of Ethernet switching, IP forwarding, TCP/IP, DHCP, ARP
- Knowledge of unicast and multicast routing desirable.
- In-depth knowledge and direct experience with object oriented design and high quality development methodologies
- A successful, hands-on track record of the full product development life cycle from requirements through customer deployment for multiple product
- Able to provide team technical leadership in the design and implementation phases
- Development experience on high-performance, CPU-based, packet processing systems
- Experience implementing advanced algorithms and tuning software for high performance
- Solid system analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with IPv6 implementations is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment
- Previous start-up experience is a plus